April 01, 2016

JOHN FRIEDA

I was kindly sent a John Frieda box through Influenster today after I matched the requirements in their quiz about the type of hair I have. I was quite excited to try the products, as I NEVER splurge on hair products. I am a wash, dry, brush out and tie up type of girl. No fuss, no muss. Please note that all these opinions are my own, I am not being paid for this review.




First, I took a before picture, these are not professional by any means, and excuse the ponytail bump.

After using the John Frieda products that I received complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes. I have some things to say. First off I was worried that the product would hurt my head because I have severe psoriasis on the back of my scalp, but it didn't sting at all. The smell of the products was pleasant, not at all like you would expect a dye product. It was flower scented, like a nice perfume. Mind you after three different products it was a bit overwhelming by the end of my shower. The Shampoo and Conditioner were nice, washed out very well and the conditioner left my hair feeling very soft. The treatment I believe is where the "dye" is because even washing my hands right after applying it, they were stained. Which is fine, I expected as much.
I sat for the 10 minutes which is suggested for a darker brown and then washed it out as instructed.
After drying my hair this was the end result.


My fiancee believes that it is a big darker, but personally it just looks like the hair was stripped of its shine. Mind you again these photos are not the best and I will be getting a better one in natural light tomorrow (10:44pm right now).

The smell like I said is strong and it lingers, I'm not sure how I feel about that as I am very sensitive to smell, so we will see if I end up with a headache tonight or not.


No comments

Post a Comment